Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Matteo Mencuccini - Interview



This month Interview is with Matteo Mencuccini, a scooter rider and filmer from Barcelona. I meet him on my trip to BCN. He is a super nice guy, who showed Lukas and me around the city. He is also a super good filmer and published a video with his crew not long ago. Check out the Interview!



Hello Matteo,

Just introduce yourself in a few sentences.

I'm Matteo Mencuccini, Teuma for short. I'm a Scottish-born, with Italian parents, living in Barcelona for the last 6 years.

Did you start riding in Barcelona?

Yeah, I first started to ride when they gave my little brother a MGP team vx2 for his birthday in 2012 when we arrived to Spain. It wasn't till like a year later or maybe a bit more till I got into doing tricks or filming.

Cool. If you live in BCN and don't ride it is a waste of time, I guess haha. How did you start filming? Have you been always interested in videography?

Yeah i know. It was probably for the best for me to start riding here. In Scotland it rained or snowed almost everyday.

I started filming like 1 or 2 years of riding. I bought a handycam from Ruben Rodriguez for like 100€ and from there on it's history. It was probably those days of filming that got me into doing it almost everyday.

I experienced your filming first hand and I can say, you are very skilled. What is your current camera setup?

Right now, I'm rocking a Panasonic DVX100E with an Opteka 0,3x fisheye. I had to buy a new one after an incident with the camera bag. But i also have a basic HD setup with a Canon 600d and a Samyang fisheye.

Oh shit, what a bummer. But good to hear you got a new one. So with who are you filming normally?

I'll film with anybody who rides when I want to, but I usually ride with my crew, Hazte Caso. It's basically everybody in our crew wars video, plus various other homies from other crews like Fillen. Shout out to them for keeping the spanish scootering scene alive.

I am glad Lukas and I got also the chance to have a sesh with you. What does Hazte Caso mean?

If you translate it literally, it means pay attention, but it's real meaning comes from when me and Diego, the other filmer, who i have known the longest, were first starting the crew. It was just a phrase me and him used to say a lot at the time which basically means: “Follow my advice” Why we chose it at the end was really only for the use we gave to the words.

Pretty good meaning! A crew name should always have a bigger meaning.

Definitly. It creates a very special vibe.

So what is crewwars and your latest video all about?

So crewwars is the second edition of a competition held by the spanish scooter magazine, Clamp Mag. The first one was held like 4-5 years ago and it wasn't till this year that they repeated the event, which i think is a great way to keep the video part essence in Spain alive.



Crew Wars sound like a super cool idea. I wish something like that would exist in Austria/Germany. What place did your crew end up?

Yeah, it's something pretty original and will help encourage people to make more video parts instead of just posting instaclips.

We ended up coming third in the competition but the Fillen and especially the Bomb Banana videos were crazy so they deserved the position.

Our video was basically us showing to everybody that there is a lot more to Barcelona than the spots you see in every video filmed here. There are so many hidden gems around the city that are even better than the famous spots.



Yeah I really like the vibe in your video, everything flows well, it is fun to watch, so many cool never before seen spots and the riding is insane. Do you have any crazy story from filming the video?

Well quite a few actually haha. Our fisheye and microphone of the old DVX we had almost broke the first day we used it when one of our crew members aborted a rail. Luckily we were able to fix both problems. But I think the best story was the day of the banger when Dani was only looking to try a FS Board on the blue kink rail and ended up doing it to a wallride. It was so unexpected that it hyped us.

The ender of the video is just insane. I think everyone who watched your video was as surprised as you guys when it happened.

Did you have a masterplan when you edited the video? Everything feels so good put together.

Well from a start we knew that we wanted to show that Barcelona has a lot of good spots apart from those that are seen regularly in street videos. Apart from that, the video had no real planning and finally came by itself.

The banger is a good example of that. We were actually going to film a banger of another crew member but Dani ended up getting the insane ender.

So everything just went with the flow, nice!

What do you guys have planned for the future? Do you have already new projects to film for?

Yeah, we have a few projects in the mix. Dani is currently filming a parktage with some really sick clips and Javi will start filming for a part soon so keep your eyes open!

I am keen to see some new stuff from you guys.

Any travel plans for the summer? Or will you just ride in BCN?

I was going to do an interrail trip like the one we did last year but, since I'm going to NYC with my girlfriend and I had to buy the DVX, I don't have any money to spare for a major trip. But we have planned to make a camper trip around Spain with Diego's van which will probably be pretty sick.

Yeah money is always the big problem. But the roadtrip through Spain still sounds Sick. I bet there are many hidden gems.

Yeah exactly! That's the main idea behind the trip. Being able to ride super sick spots, which have never been seen before.

I am already stoked to see the clips of that trip.

So those were all my questions, do you got anything left to say?

Well, first of all, thanks to Willi for the interview. Secondly, go watch our crew wars video and go follow Hazte Caso right now on Instagram and Youtube for all that good stuff. Last but not least, enjoy scootering!

Thank you for taking the time, hope to see you soon!



P.S.: If you are wondering who won the Crewwars here is the Video of the Bomb Banana Crew:

Kommentare

Other News

Antoine Lagadou - Interview

This time we interviewed the French rider Antoine Lagadou, who rides for Anaquda. He publish his Streetpart "YOUTUBE PURPOSE ONLY" not long ago, so I thought it would be the perfect time to do an interview with him. Just to get the Interview started some basic questions. Where are you from? Goofy or Regular? When did you start riding? Yo, what’s good. I’m from the South East of France, near a city named Draguignan. I’m riding regular stance. I started riding July 2009, with an old Jdbug I got. I use to watch a lot of shit on YouTube back then and somehow I found a Coedie Donovan video. I thought it was crazy and wanted to try the same. So I built a wooden kicker with a friend in his garage and we started to jump it. Never stopped riding since then. What was the scene like, back in the day when you started? How is it today? Back in the day there was no skatepark around my place, I had to at least drive 1 hour to ride a good skatepark. So I use to grind the benches a...

Moritz Bader - Interview

Wirklich schön mehr Street Parts auch aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum zu sehen. 5 Monate lang hat Moritz Bader und sein Filmer Jonas Salefsky an dem Video gearbeitet und jede Menge Herzblut reingesteckt.   Jede Menge Handrails , kreative Tricks (wie z.B. diesen Rail Stall to Hop Over in die Bank) und Spots von denen man träumen kann (verlassenes Schwimmbad und diese einzigartige Beton Landschaft). Echt einen schöner Part , von einem deutschen Fahrer , der Lust auf das Frühjahr macht. Anlässlich dieses Videos, habe ich ein Interview mit Moritz geführt um etwas mehr über ihn , sein Video und die Szene in Stuttgart zu erfahren. Das gesamte Interview könnt ihr hier unten nachlesen. Hallo Moritz, stell dich am besten einfach kurz vor: Alter, Wohnort, Gofy oder Regular?, Seit wann fährst du? Ich bin 19, komme aus Stuttgart und fahre Regular. Begonnen hab ich vor ca. 7 Jahren. 7 Jahre, also schon relativ von Beginn an dabei! Wie bist du zum Scooter ...

Wonder-Crab - Interview

Hallo! Stell dich am Besten zuerst in zwei/drei Sätzen kurz vor. Tschau zämme! Mein Name ist Andreas Bünzli, viele kennen mich unter dem Namen Wonder-Crab. Komme aus Zürich, Schweiz und fahre 6-7 Jahren Scooter. Also hast du 2013/2014 begonnen. Wie bist du zum Scooterfahren damals gekommen? Und woher kommt der Name Wonder Crab?   Ich kam zum Scooterfahren durch einen Freund, den ich in der Sekundarstufe kennengelernt habe. Hatte damals noch kein Hobby und es gefiel mir von amfang an bis heite :)  Der Name Wonder-Crab besteht aus 2 Teilen. Das Wonder kommt von der DC Heldin Wonder Woman und passte so gut weil beim Scooterfahren fliegt mal auch mal auf Maul und das auch sehr hart, wenn ich nicht verletzt war war das ein Wunder. Und ich bin Fan von Wonder Woman :) Das Crab kommt von Krabbe. Die könnten genau wie jedes andere Tier „normal“ laufen, also gerade aus, jedoch sind die so cool, dass sie dachten: „ne Bro ich laufe seitwärts“ und beim Scooter fahren stehen wir alle ja auc...

Juzzy Carter - Signature Deck Promo

Der Junge, der MGP Street macht hat es schon wieder getan. Er hat gestern ein unglaubliches Edit mit noch unglaublicheren Tricks veröffentlicht. Schon nach dem ersten Rail-Trick wusste ich, dieser Edit wird gut und ich wurde nicht entäuscht. Der Großteil des Videos wurde in den USA nach dem "Sovreign of Street" Wettbewerb gefilmt. Wo er mit Logan Fuller, Cooper Klaar und anderen auf einem mehrwöchigen Roadtrip durch California Arizona New Mexico und Texas war. Obwohl seine Kamera gestohlen wurde und er sogar festgenommen wurde, hat er es geschaft dieses wunderbare Video zu produzieren. Den Ender muss man auf jeden Fall gesehen haben!

Benjamin Grimus - Banger Release

Benjamin Grimus (@bgseakk) hat ein hammer Edit veröffentlicht. Mit jeder Menge kranker Tricks, dessen Namen ich nichteinmal weiß. Benny ist bekannt für seine Insta Clips, in denen er die verrücktesten Bri -Whip - Kickless - Frontscooter- etc. Combos ausführt. In seinem Edit steigert er diese Tricks nocheinmal. Wirklich jeder Trick ist ein Banger . Der letzte Trick ist z.B. ein Umbrella-Kickless-Briwhip . Keine Ahnung wie das überhaupt physikalisch Möglich ist, aber Benny schafft es. Gefilmt wurde der Edit unteranderem in Linz, Dänemark, Schweden und Russland . Man merkt, dass Benny den ganzen Winter viel Arbeit in diesen Edit gesteckt hat. Schaut euch das Video an und staunt selbst. -x- Benjamin Grimus (@bgseakk) made this Banger Release . He is know for his crazy Bri -Whip - Kickless - Frontscooter Combos . But this Edit is on another Level. The last Trick is an Umbrella-Kickless-Briwhip. Dont't know how that is even possible . Benny put a lot of work in this ...