Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Thoma Gendre - Interview

Hey! Just to get the Interview started some basic questions. Where are you from?  When did you start riding?

Hey wassup?! First sorry if my English is bad haha! I’m from a small village near Neuchâtel in Switzerland! I started riding ~7 years ago.

No worries! What was the scene like, back in the day when you started 7 years ago compared with todays?

I remember when I started riding there was already a few crews with some really good riders in my city, which inspired me a lot! Like Jojo Cajas, Remi Bouchard some big names in scootering history! The riding style changed a lot and scooter parts became bigger, better and stronger! When I started I knew only the scene of my city, but with my homies we started moving around Switzerland and after that in other countries. We discovered a lot of new scootering scene, with different style and different vibes, we met some incredible peoples and got so much memories with all of them!!! 

I think instagram is a good way to discover new scenes and new riders. When I started, nobody was posting instaclips, so you just know some riders by YouTube or by meeting them!

True Instagramm is a good tool to connect with others. What about your name on Instagram. How did you get the name "Chef"? 

The story of the name "Chef" started with Steve Petermann, in his city there is kebab, where the boss calls you chef at the end of every sentence. If you order one kebab, you get called chef 20 times, we found this funny and started calling each other chef all day long haha After that our friends started calling us chef and we changed our insta name, so we’re both a chef!

Always cool to hear how nicknames evolve ! haha
Recently you published your new Video on Trendkill, can you tell us more about it? 

This video got a special place into my heart! I put a lot of efforts while doing it! We got some problems with the camera too. We started filming it in September 2019 with a Canon 700D, but one of my friends go a Canon XM2 (it’s like a vx) and we wanted to film with a real camera, so I started another project with it, which I dropped one year ago, it’s a SD part. 

 And after that I started filming with Wonder-Crab, who got a HMC-150, so I started filming in HD again! Starting filming with this guy was one of the best thing that happened to me. He got a real vibe, keep going, we were always down to film each other, pushing our limits! After that I bought my own camera so I could film when I was in my town, because we lives like 2 hours away from each other, so it was hard to link up every weekend. And without him showing me spots in his area, giving me motivation, this video part wouldn’t be the same!

So was your latest video only filmed in Switzerland?

No, but most of the spots are in Switzerland but there is some spots from Lyon and Barcelona too.

Is it hard to ride Street in your country? 

Actually it’s quite good to ride! We don’t have a lot of big cities but it’s a small country, so we can reach every city in 2-3 hours by car! We just keep exploring and find some spots on the way to different cities, and with time we explored a major part of the big cities!
We don’t get kicked out too much, we got some spots in banks and stuff like that, so some of the spots are only rideable on Sunday!

Nice, from your videos I can tell there are some really good spots hidden all over Switzerland.

Yeah we have some gems!

What plans you got for 2021?

For 2021, I got a lot of video projects, filming and editing some of my friend’s parts! We already started filming and they have some really nice clips! I hope to have time to do a new part myself too!  And what we all want is to start traveling again, discovering new cities and new homies! As always, the most important thing is to keep having fun doing what we do haha! And drink some beers too ;)

True words! Can't wait to see more videos from the swiss scene. Anything else you want to say?

Thank you for this interview and for making great scootering content!  Keep shredding and have fun with your homies! That’s all we need!

Thanks for takeing the time!

Kommentare

Other News

Antoine Lagadou - Interview

This time we interviewed the French rider Antoine Lagadou, who rides for Anaquda. He publish his Streetpart "YOUTUBE PURPOSE ONLY" not long ago, so I thought it would be the perfect time to do an interview with him. Just to get the Interview started some basic questions. Where are you from? Goofy or Regular? When did you start riding? Yo, what’s good. I’m from the South East of France, near a city named Draguignan. I’m riding regular stance. I started riding July 2009, with an old Jdbug I got. I use to watch a lot of shit on YouTube back then and somehow I found a Coedie Donovan video. I thought it was crazy and wanted to try the same. So I built a wooden kicker with a friend in his garage and we started to jump it. Never stopped riding since then. What was the scene like, back in the day when you started? How is it today? Back in the day there was no skatepark around my place, I had to at least drive 1 hour to ride a good skatepark. So I use to grind the benches a...

Moritz Bader - Interview

Wirklich schön mehr Street Parts auch aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum zu sehen. 5 Monate lang hat Moritz Bader und sein Filmer Jonas Salefsky an dem Video gearbeitet und jede Menge Herzblut reingesteckt.   Jede Menge Handrails , kreative Tricks (wie z.B. diesen Rail Stall to Hop Over in die Bank) und Spots von denen man träumen kann (verlassenes Schwimmbad und diese einzigartige Beton Landschaft). Echt einen schöner Part , von einem deutschen Fahrer , der Lust auf das Frühjahr macht. Anlässlich dieses Videos, habe ich ein Interview mit Moritz geführt um etwas mehr über ihn , sein Video und die Szene in Stuttgart zu erfahren. Das gesamte Interview könnt ihr hier unten nachlesen. Hallo Moritz, stell dich am besten einfach kurz vor: Alter, Wohnort, Gofy oder Regular?, Seit wann fährst du? Ich bin 19, komme aus Stuttgart und fahre Regular. Begonnen hab ich vor ca. 7 Jahren. 7 Jahre, also schon relativ von Beginn an dabei! Wie bist du zum Scooter ...

Benjamin Grimus - Banger Release

Benjamin Grimus (@bgseakk) hat ein hammer Edit veröffentlicht. Mit jeder Menge kranker Tricks, dessen Namen ich nichteinmal weiß. Benny ist bekannt für seine Insta Clips, in denen er die verrücktesten Bri -Whip - Kickless - Frontscooter- etc. Combos ausführt. In seinem Edit steigert er diese Tricks nocheinmal. Wirklich jeder Trick ist ein Banger . Der letzte Trick ist z.B. ein Umbrella-Kickless-Briwhip . Keine Ahnung wie das überhaupt physikalisch Möglich ist, aber Benny schafft es. Gefilmt wurde der Edit unteranderem in Linz, Dänemark, Schweden und Russland . Man merkt, dass Benny den ganzen Winter viel Arbeit in diesen Edit gesteckt hat. Schaut euch das Video an und staunt selbst. -x- Benjamin Grimus (@bgseakk) made this Banger Release . He is know for his crazy Bri -Whip - Kickless - Frontscooter Combos . But this Edit is on another Level. The last Trick is an Umbrella-Kickless-Briwhip. Dont't know how that is even possible . Benny put a lot of work in this ...

Tomasz Dudek - Interview

This months Interview is with Tomasz Dudek, a scooter rider and filmer from Poland . I found it very interesting to here about the scooter community in his country. Enjoy! Just to get the Interview started some basic questions. Where you from? How old are you? Goofy or Regular? When did you start riding? I'm from Piaseczno, it's like 20 km from the city center of Warsaw. I'm going to be 21 in July. Right foot always in the front, so goofy. I have been riding for nearly 6 years. So how did you start scootering? Scootering caught my eye because of my friend. He had MGP VX2 Team Edition. He let me try and after a few pushes I knew that's the thing what I want to do. Nice, did you ride anything before like BMX or skateboard? I have been trying to skate, but I didn’t have that zeal, so I quit really fast. I see, so scootering was just more fun. What was the scene like? Back in the days when you started? The scene was quite small. It was...

Juzzy Carter - Signature Deck Promo

Der Junge, der MGP Street macht hat es schon wieder getan. Er hat gestern ein unglaubliches Edit mit noch unglaublicheren Tricks veröffentlicht. Schon nach dem ersten Rail-Trick wusste ich, dieser Edit wird gut und ich wurde nicht entäuscht. Der Großteil des Videos wurde in den USA nach dem "Sovreign of Street" Wettbewerb gefilmt. Wo er mit Logan Fuller, Cooper Klaar und anderen auf einem mehrwöchigen Roadtrip durch California Arizona New Mexico und Texas war. Obwohl seine Kamera gestohlen wurde und er sogar festgenommen wurde, hat er es geschaft dieses wunderbare Video zu produzieren. Den Ender muss man auf jeden Fall gesehen haben!